Are you finding it difficult to get to gym every day? Well this is just for you. It’s often difficult for me to get to the gym and have a good workout since I am constantly on the move. Workouts don’t just have to be done at gym they can be done anywhere and anytime, so I’ve found that it’s better to just squeeze in a few workouts during the day.
Here are a 5 workouts you can do anywhere and anytime
When doing any exercise, we must remember there is a proper way of doing it which will target the appropriate muscles and there is a bad way of doing which means that the exercise will not target the muscles its suppose too. This exercise is used to strengthen your legs, glutes and quads as well as ensuring that your joints and bones stay healthy and strong, however, when this exercise is done the wrong way it just puts stress on your joints, hardly targeting any muscles that its meant to target and just makes it easier for an injury to occur.
Now that the lower body workout can be done with body weight or with added weight by means of a barbell. Squats are also known to be the base of any workout program.
- Now when doing a squat ensure that your toes are slightly outwards, however, keeping them parallel is also a good way to go.
- Ensure that you tighten your abs
- Do not look down when doing this exercise, ensure that your looking forward.
- Push ups
Even though most people hate doing pushups, it is actually one of the easiest and most beneficial exercises that one can do anywhere. A push up mainly uses your own body weight as resistance and it is targeted at your upper body muscles. The main muscles that are targeted would be your chest, shoulders, triceps and the abdominal muscles.
First thing you have to do to ensure that the workout is done correctly is:
- Start by placing your body in a plank position, ensure that your body is tucked in and your palms are directly under your shoulders.
- Start lowering your body by bending your elbows and keeping them slightly pointed backwards then lower down your chest until it grazes the floor.
Lunges help to develop lower body strength just as squats do however, unlike squats, they are more effective when evening out any imbalances within the muscles
How to do a lunge
- Stand up straight with your feet apart
- Take a wide and big step forward with your left leg or any leg of your choice
- Lower your body until your left thigh is parallel to the floor and you shin is vertical, then slightly allow the right knee to touch the floor while the weight should be kept in the left heel
Another body weight exercise that is super effective when it comes to having great abs as it is a good exercise for strengthening your inner core.
- Start by positioning your hands and knees to the floor then lower your forearms to the floor ensuring that your elbows are positioned under your shoulder width apart.
- Step your feet back one at a time making sure that a straight line is maintained from your heels to the top of your head, looking down at the floor also make sure that your abs are tightened.
- Calf raises
This is one exercise that runners love doing as this exercise helps in improving your running as well as making yourself resistant to any injury. This is an easy exercise that be done anywhere and anytime. Running can put significant amount of strain on your calves, and injuries are often caused by weak calves
- Stand up straight
- Push through the balls of your feet and raise your heels until you are standing on your toes.
- Then slowly lower yourself back down
Written By Leoni Gallant