Happy New Year! I always feel so energized, so ready for a New Year after the holidays. Bring it on 2019!
Have you ever put beans in a smoothie before? It’s good stuff. The white beans in this smoothie add to the creamy texture and make the smoothie a more filling, hearty snack or breakfast. You can taste them, but paired with mango, a bit of fresh mint, and unsweetened coconut, they don’t steal the show.
This Mango Smoothie is a healthy smoothie, but still a delicious smoothie. It’s an important part of my recover-from-eating-so-much-food-last-week plan.
After a cup of this nutrient dense smoothie this morning, I’m feeling ready to conquer the year. I’m writing my resolutions today and setting goals. How about you?
- 1¼ cup rice milk
- ⅔ cup white beans, rinsed
- 1½ cups mango chunks, frozen or fresh
- 12 small mint leaves, plus more for garnish
- ⅓ cup shredded, unsweetened coconut
- ice as needed
- Combine the first 5 ingredients in a high powered blender. Blend until smooth. Add ice as needed and blend again – you will want more ice, about a cup if you use fresh mango, or less if you use frozen mango. Garnish with fresh mint.